I Have the Whole Sky to Myself Tonight.
(1) One.
December's taken quite the turn.
The trees revel in their pornography,
And leave me a tad baffled,
To see them shed their leafy cloaks.
How odd! As the weather gets colder,
We men pile on layers of clothes,
While they are at comfort to leave theirs,
To stand in solitude, proud and naked.
Ah! For that in itself is Lady Winter
In all her mystery, and charm,
And glory.
(2) Two.
Another winter's night on the rooftop for me;
The bitter frost envelopes the green of the grass,
As Night envelopes me in her arms.
Bitter trials, and even bitter tribulations,
Allow a bitter sigh to escape a bitter man as me,
As I, slowly but surely, open my cold embrace
To make cold love to the dusk, beautiful;
Hating her through every cold moment of it.
Yes, pick up the shards of the broken
Moonlight, and take it away.
I don't want it, but
I have the whole sky to myself tonight.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home